Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

SERVICE IS JOB ONE

Usually when people ask "what do you do" our first response is where we work, or we begin with the company that has kept us around recently.  Even going as far as listing other prominent jobs that have often times let us go.  There is even a document that most of us have, which list this information.

But the question is about actual SKILLS, not positions.  I have found it even challenging at times to list the actual skills I have learned and utilized at my previous jobs.  It is easier for me to summerize the duties, than to actually list the specific skills.

I am realizing that it is important for us to focus on the results of our skills, not so much the specifics of our skills, but in order to do that, we have to understand how our abilities effect the lives of others.  We need to focus on how "what we do" blesses the people around you.  We need to focus on service.

I Peter 4:10 As every man has received a gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment