Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

HOPE IN THE HARD THINGS

Occupationally, and vocationally I think we as men don't do enough.  I have been feeling this for a long time and I often find myself in introspection in regards to my "manly-ness."  I find the scales lacking...I was never willing to pay the price to do what needed to be done, I was mediocre.

...But there is hope!

I recently find myself coming across the brain work of two young believers named Alex and Brett Harris which started with a book "DOING HARD THINGS." I was impressed....with the notion that I had a long way to go, but God could get me there. 

                   GOD....COULD....GET ME THERE!

Studying the bible has shown me that God directs his people, many times through hard things, and we too often run from them.  Recall Mose's dealings with God's people after Egypt. 

I talked to a young man just now....well I was texting with him, and the thought occurred to me that he could really bless what I am trying to do here on Connect FOUR and is like an ASSET WAITING TO HAPPEN


Isn't that true with all of us?  Most of us?  Maybe only ten out of a every few thousand, but that leaves many MEN not living to their potential in a city like Houston with a population around 10 million or more surrounding it's heart.  So what is surrounding your heart? 
Fear?
        Doubt?
                   Lack of confidence?
                                                  Precedent of past failure....
                                                                         past failure....
Where my LIONS at!?

                                                                         past failure....
                                                                         past failure?
                                                                                         No faith in God....or belief in...
                                                                                                                                                                                                             god-lite.
I am learning that God is the effect of any worthy cause you could ever trace your efforts too. All that means is that we need to take our fears, lacks, not to mention those past reports...just gird up our loins and walk in courageEver feeding on the fact that God will keep us as safe as we need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment